29th May, 2020Book Your Telehealth Appointment Today
Telehealth is a great way to get medical advice in the safety and comfort of your own home. Please note that the eligibility for Telehealth has recently changed. You must now have seen any GP from the National Health Co-op in the last 12 months to be able to have a Telehealth appointment with the NHC.
Exceptions to this rule are:
- Infants under 12 months old
- People experiencing homelessness
- People residing in Victoria where Stage Three restrictions apply
To book a telehealth appointment, follow the below instructions:
- Book your appointment as per normal over the phone, online, or via the HotDoc app. Select ‘Telehealth Appt’ or if booking over the phone, inform the Receptionist that you would like it to be via telehealth.
- You will be prompted to give your phone number. If you would prefer video, please advise Reception – for online bookings this will require you to call the clinic. Video consultations are done via Skype so please ensure that you have the application downloaded and provide your Skype ID to Reception.
- The doctor will call you to start the appointment, so please be ready! Your privacy is essential – so please find a quiet, private place to speak with the doctor.
- After the appointment you can pick up your prescriptions and referrals from the clinic. Alternatively, prescriptions can be sent to your local chemist. And that’s it – anything further will be communicated by the doctor.
Click here or call (02) 6178 0400 to book your telehealth appointment today. Of course, if you’d prefer to come to the clinic that’s no problem – all our clinics are open and social distancing rules are being strictly enforced as per government advice.