Look after your skin
Two in every three Australians are being diagnosed with skin cancer before they are 70 years of age. At the National Health Co-op we actively encourage our Members to have regular skin checks to ensure early detection of any skin cancers and monitor any changes in skin conditions.
We offer the following skin services:
- Comprehensive full body skin check-ups – to screen for skin cancers with a special magnifying light instrument (Dermatoscope), to detect early changes of skin cancer.
- General Dermatology – treatment of medical conditions related to skin, hair and nails, including management of acne, psoriasis and dermatitis.
Our specialised clinicians can also offer the following procedures:
- Freezing of skin lesions with liquid nitrogen gas – sun-damage area, skin tags, age spots, warts, calluses.
- Burning with electric diathermy of skin lesions, such as skin tags and warts.
- Skin cancer management with biopsies for accurate diagnosis, surgical excisions and with creams.
- Removal of ingrown toenails
- Removal of common lumps and bumps including cysts, hemangiomas, and pyogenic granuloma.
Our leading clinician in the skin services field is Dr Dinesh Mehra. Dr Mehra has a special interest in dermatology (skin related conditions) and has completed a Certificate of Primary Care Dermatology through the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners. He has also completed a Professional Diploma of Skin Cancer Medicine.
Dr Eugene Tshibangu is also available to complete skin checks and has recently completed a Certificate in Skin Cancer Medicine.
Other clinicians who are available to complete skin checks are:
- Dr Adenike Balogun
- Dr Pushpani Herath
- Dr Shiromi Liyanage
- Dr Rasika Rajapakse
- Dr Anu Sumathipala
- Dr Lakshika Wijemanna
Skin check services are currently available at our Chisholm, Coombs, Evatt, Kippax (Holt), Macquarie and Yass clinics.
To make an appointment, please call (02) 6178 0400.