- The National Health Co-op (NHC) is a member-owned cooperative. Full details on the structure of the organisation and responsibilities for members can be found in our constitution called the “NHC Rules”.
- The member’s fee is not for a specific service offered by the National Health Co-op but to join and own the Co-op itself.
- Membership is for a 12-month period. Members will be contacted about renewal before the end of this period.
- Membership provides access to all NHC services and locations. The ANU Clinic is primarily for ANU students and staff.
- Membership is not transferable in any circumstance.
- The NHC can change its service offering and fee structure at any time.
- To receive bulk billed fees you must prove eligibility in the form of either:
- A valid Medicare card.
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) or Overseas Visitor Health Cover (OVHC) with Allianz, AHM, Bupa, Medibank or nib.
- $90 annually + $10 joining fee.
- Access to NHC services for one (1) person only.
- A Concession price of $50 annually + $10 joining fee is available for those with a valid Concession Card.
- The NHC recognises the following concession cards:
- Commonwealth Seniors Health Card
- Health Care Card
- DVA Gold Card/White Card
- Low Income Concession Card
- Pensioner Concession Card
- Student Card (full time students only)
- $110 annually + $10 joining fee.
- The person who initiates the membership becomes the Nominated Family Contact.
- The Nominated Family Contact can add all immediate family who share their address to their membership:
- Immediate family includes partners, children, parents, siblings, grandparents and grandchildren.
- Proof of address is required for each adult family member.
- All family members must satisfy the criteria for bulk billing as detailed above.
- Family members can be added with a different address in two circumstances:
- Any children or dependants under 18 who live elsewhere.
- Any family members for which the Nominated Family Contact is a ‘carer’ – as per the Carer Recognition Act 2010. Proof may be requested for this.
- There is no limit on the number of family members provided the criteria for membership is met.
- All ANU students receive free membership to the NHC. ANU staff can join the NHC under an Individual or Family membership.
- This allows access to the ANU clinic as well as all the other NHC locations in the NHC and Yass.
- ANU Student Membership is considered an Individual Membership, meaning family members can’t be added.
- OSHC students are an exception and have the ability to add family members to their membership.
Updates and Changes to Membership
- Those with an Individual Membership can upgrade to a Family Membership by paying the difference between their current membership fee and the $110 Family Membership fee. Normal eligibility terms for adding family members apply, as detailed above.
- ANU Student Memberships are unable to be upgraded.
- Family members can be added at any stage, provided the terms above for eligibility are satisfied.
- The period of membership does not change when either of the above changes are actioned. Membership is valid for 12 months from the date of payment, without exception.
- Members will be contacted before the end of their membership period or later with the offer to renew.
- The NHC retains the right to contact all adult members about renewal, including those who aren’t the Nominated Family Contact within a Family Membership.
- Upon renewal of a Family Membership, the NHC retains the right to request proof that all members still satisfy eligibility requirements.
- In accordance with National Health Co-op rules, membership is for a period of 12 months.
- The National Health Co-op has an established feedback procedure, allowing members to raise any grievances with the service either during or after the period of their membership. Feedback can be provided either via the website or in any of our clinics. The member will be contacted by the National Health Co-op to resolve their grievance.
- Refunds of membership fees will be provided only where grievances have not been able to be resolved through the full grievance procedure specified in the NHC rules.
- Membership must be paid upfront prior to the Member accessing services. Membership is valid for 12 months from the date of payment.
- Membership involves two fees.
- A joining fee. This applies to members signing up for the first time as well as lapsed members who wish to re-join.
- Annual Membership fee. Per chosen Membership option, as detailed above.
ABN: 36 598 686 366
Corporate Office: 5-7 Lawry Place, Macquarie ACT 2614
Contact Phone Number: (02) 6178 0400