Membership options tailored for you
How to join the NHC
The easiest way to join is simply to book your first appointment. Please select a ‘New Patient’ appointment when booking online.
Your membership payment will then be processed when you visit the clinic.
If you’re not looking for an appointment just now, no worries! Simply fill in the membership form and we’ll be in touch.
Local healthcare designed by the community, for the community
When you join the NHC you’re more than a patient – you’re a member. From meetings, to the election of the Board and other feedback channels, members have ownership of the NHC and can contribute to positive outcomes for our local community. The member’s fee is not for a specific medical service offered by the National Health Co-op but to join and own the Co-op itself.
The NHC Rules is our cooperative constitution and provides important information on your rights and responsibilities as a member.
Only the best in patient care
We’re a not-for-profit that doesn’t compromise on quality, with medical services tailored to the Canberra region. All of our nine medical centres in the ACT and Yass are fully accredited and our clinical staff are passionate about the health of the community. Our team of great GPs is complemented by psychologists, physiotherapists and other allied health specialists to cover all of your health needs.
You don’t need to wait hours to see a bulk billed doctor. All our consultations are by appointment, and our clinicians take the time required to ensure you get the care and advice that you need.
To bulk bill your GP appointments you will need to have a valid Medicare card.
- If you have Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) or Overseas Visitor Health Cover (OVHC) with Allianz, BUPA, NIB, AHM or Medibank, we can direct bill your appointment to your insurance provider and there will be no out-of-pocket costs.
- If you do not have either of the above, you will be required to pay for your appointments.
At your first appointment you will have the opportunity to:
- Share your medical history and request the transfer of your medical records from other clinics.
- Add all the relatives in your household to your family membership.
Please read the following documents:
- Our Membership Service Agreement covers all the important terms of NHC membership
- The Charter of Patient Rights and Responsibilities provides a helpful guide on how we can work together to ensure a positive relationship between yourself and our clinicians.
- The Family Membership Registration Form allows you to upgrade your Individual Membership to a Family Membership, or extend your current Family Membership to other family members who satisfy the criteria. Please complete and either email to [email protected] or bring it with you to your next appointment.