NHC Membership is currently paused
On 21 June 2021, Michael Slaven and Aaron Torline were appointed Administrators of the National Health Co-operative Ltd. NHC Membership is currently on hold pending the outcome of the administration process.
- NHC Members can continue to access services at all locations and will not be required to renew their membership.
- No new members will be taken on at this time. Non-members can access our health services, however non-member appointment charges will apply.
- COVID-19 vaccinations remain available to any eligible patients, NHC membership is not a requirement to receive the vaccination at our clinics and no appointment fees apply.
Only the best in patient care
We’re a not-for-profit that doesn’t compromise on quality, with medical services tailored to the Canberra region. All of our eight medical centres in the ACT are fully accredited and our clinical staff are passionate about the health of the community. Our team of great GPs is complemented by psychologists, physiotherapists and other allied health specialists to cover all of your health needs.
You don’t need to wait hours to see a bulk billed doctor. All our consultations are by appointment, and our clinicians take the time required to ensure you get the care and advice that you need.
To bulk bill your GP appointments you will need to have a valid Medicare card.
- If you have Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) or Overseas Visitor Health Cover (OVHC) with Allianz, BUPA, NIB, or AHM, we can direct bill your appointment to your insurance provider and there will be no out-of-pocket costs. We can also direct bill Medibank customers with an OSHC plan, however not OVHC.
- If you do not have either of the above, you will be required to pay for your appointments.
At your first appointment you will have the opportunity to:
- Share your medical history and request the transfer of your medical records from other clinics.
- Add all the relatives in your household to your family membership.
Please read the following documents:
- Our Membership Service Agreement covers all the important terms of NHC membership
- The Charter of Patient Rights and Responsibilities provides a helpful guide on how we can work together to ensure a positive relationship between yourself and our clinicians.
- The Family Membership Registration Form allows you to upgrade your Individual Membership to a Family Membership, or extend your current Family Membership to other family members who satisfy the criteria. Please complete and either email to [email protected] or bring it with you to your next appointment.