Join the NHC today and get immediate access to quality, bulk-billed GPs and allied health
We’re a local, member-owned health service focussed on keeping the community healthy, not making money. Your health is our number one priority, and with our unique, co-operative approach to healthcare the needs of our members always come first.
We’re a not-for-profit that doesn’t compromise on quality. All of our nine clinics in the ACT and Yass are fully accredited and our clinical staff are passionate about the health of the community. Our team of great GPs is complemented by psychologists, physiotherapists and other allied health specialists to cover all of your health needs.
You don’t need to wait hours for bulk billed healthcare. All our consultations are by appointment, and our clinicians take the time required to ensure you get the care and advice that you need.
Healthcare designed by the community, for the community:
When you join the NHC you’re more than a patient – you’re a member. From meetings, to the election of the Board and other feedback channels, members have ownership of the NHC and can contribute to positive outcomes for our local community. The member’s fee is not for a specific service offered by the National Health Co-op but to join and own the Co-op itself.
The NHC Rules is our cooperative constitution and provides important information on members rights and responsibilities.
Individual Membership ($90 annually + $10 joining fee)
- Immediate access to our full suite of bulk billed health services.
- Bulk billed GP appointments with a clinician of your choice and access to allied health services such as physiotherapy, psychology and dietetics.
- Members with a valid Concession Card are eligible for a concession price of $50 annually + $10 joining fee.
Family Membership ($110 annually + $10 joining fee)
- Access to our full range of bulk billed services for the full family.
- Add all immediate family who share your address as well as family members in your care who live elsewhere.
- This goes beyond children and dependants, and includes partners, parents, siblings, grandparents and grandchildren who live with you.
- Any children or other family members for whom you are a Carer that live at a different address can also be added.
- You have full flexibility to add family members during your membership, provided they satisfy membership and bulk billing criteria.
To join the NHC as either an Individual or Family simply fill in the form below and book your first appointment. You will be asked to pay for your membership when you attend your first appointment.
- All ANU students receive FREE membership to the NHC. ANU staff can join the NHC under an Individual or Family Membership.
- This secures priority access to our ANU clinic, as well as full member access to services at our other clinics.
- ANU Student memberships are considered an Individual membership, meaning that family members can’t be added.
- To activate your membership simply book an appointment and bring your student or staff ID, we’ll finalise the details in clinic
Sign up using the form below:
To bulk bill your GP appointments you will need to have a valid Medicare card.
- If you have Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) or Overseas Visitor Health Cover (OVHC) with Allianz, BUPA, NIB, AHM or Medibank, we can direct bill your appointment to your insurance provider and there will be no out-of-pocket costs.
- If you do not have either of the above, you may be required to pay for your appointments.
At your first appointment you will have the opportunity to:
- Share your medical history and request the transfer of your medical records from other clinics.
- Add all the relatives in your household to your family membership.
Please read the following documents:
About the National Health Co-op
We are a not-for-profit, member owned co-operative that provides affordable medical and healthcare services to the local community. The NHC is a non-distributing co-operative, which means we reinvest all our retained earnings back into the organisation for the sole purpose of providing additional services to our membership and facilitating the ongoing expansion of the organisation.