Are you looking for a great opportunity to contribute to the leadership of an organisation which serves a vital role in our local community? Nominations to join the National Health Co-op Board as a Non-Executive Director open on Monday, 10 August and we welcome all expressions of interest from those who share our passion for community healthcare.
The NHC is a not-for-profit, member owned co-operative that provides bulk billed general practitioner and other allied healthcare services. We currently employ just under 100 clinical and administrative staff, have 32,000 members, and account for around 14% of all bulk billed GP appointments in the ACT every year.
Non-Executive Directors govern the NHC on behalf of our Members. The Board is responsible for setting the strategic direction, establishing effective governance arrangements, evaluating performance and ensuring financial sustainability. The Board comprises between 5 and 9 Non-Executive Directors who are elected each year at the Annual General Meeting.
The COVID-19 pandemic has reminded us all of the importance of healthcare and community engagement. Please consider this opportunity to shape the direction of a co-operative which is strongly committed to both.
Interested to know more?
- Please visit https://www.nhc.coop/about/election-of-directors for more information on the NHC, the role of Non-Executive Director, and the election process.
- There you will also find the Nomination Form and the specifics of the nomination process.
- If you have any questions after reviewing the information, please contact [email protected].
Key Dates for the 2020 election
- 10 August 2020 – nominations open
- 7 September 2020 – nominations close
- 17 – 22 September 2020 – candidate interviews
- 26 November 2020– annual general meeting