The National Health Co-op is overseen by a board of 7–9 skilled people elected by the members of the Co-op at the Annual General Meeting. Day-to-day management of the Co-op is undertaken by the Managing Director (MD) and Practice Manager. The Medical Director provides advice to the MD on clinical matters.
Staff at the Co-op include GPs, nurse practitioners, nurses, psychologists, physiotherapist, dietitian, diabetes educator, clinical assistants, MD and administration staff.
Working together for better health and increased community strength.
To operate an affordable, community-owned centre providing a range of quality health and related community services.
- to create quality, viable bulk-billing general practices
- to build a broad-based membership
- to facilitate affordable allied services
- to have a financially viable business
- to attract and retain quality, complimentary community partners